Saturday, October 16, 2010

3 Major Goals before 30

So I will be 30 in nearly 2 months. I am not really happy about it. I don't feel like I should be 30. I don't feel like my life is in the right order to be in my 30's. And I know, I know...life is a journey, perfection is boring, a watched pot never boils, live life to the fullest. I understand, and agree with, these cliches. But I think I've been living my late 20's in a sleepy existence--unhappy with my job, my environment, my self. I am hoping that my 30's can usher in a new more conscience life.

Here's a few things I want to do or get started in the next two months:

1) Get on the grid, and get my finances and stuff in order.
-Meet with a financial advisor about my money market, 401K, and retirement...I mean if I'm 30, that's only a little over 30 years in the workforce (that thought literally makes me want to vomit).
-Change my name legally, including reapplying for a passport.

2) Get a healthy schedule going.
-In general, I don't like being over scheduled, but a followed schedule for working out and grocery shopping would be a good step.
-Take vitamins and up the fiber!

3) Be a good person.
-Start volunteering.,
-Follow the "Treat people like you'd like to be treated" rule to the letter. I want to "be the change you'd like to see in the world."
-Reconnect with friends I've lost touch with along the way. Sometimes you lose touch with friends and it's okay, you just move in different directions...but sometimes, as is the case for me, you lose touch with people you care about very much for no good reason. That makes me sad.

I have more goals than that, believe me, I do...but we're talking two months! I will do my best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment